Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lifelong Learner

My husband has told me more than once the past few weeks that I need to find a new hobby or to take up an old one...just something to keep me busy and away from spending my day watching Cake Boss or John and Kate Plus 8 while applying for jobs. So I've decided I want to start doing a research project. I know this might sound kind of crazy but I really do miss the higher education world and the days and weeks spent in the library working on papers and looking at journals and studies. So I've been thinking about something to research or study and I think I might have found it! One of my graduate school professors posted this link today on facebook and I found it extremely interesting. I'm not sure where I'm going to go with it but I'm always looking for ways to connect my bachelors degree and masters degree and this topic might be something worth pursuing. The title of the article is The Case for Early Marriage: Amid our purity pledges and attempts to make chastity hip, we forgot to teach young Christians how to tie the knot. I'll let you read it for yourself and let me know what you think but I found the article to be very interesting so if you're bored tonight grab a cup of coffee and dig in...I promise it will make you think! The link for the article is: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/august/16.22.html

No comments: